The opinions expressed in this blog are mine, and mine alone. They do not represent the views of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Friday, November 2, 2012

General Updates

Apologies for not writing for so long.  Some people lessen their blog posts because they find they run out of things to say.  That's not the case with me.  I have so much to update!  I have just been so busy.

In October, I had two visitors.  The first was a trainee named Paige.  The other was my mom!  I had a great time with both of them.  It is so nice to share your village and your experience with other people.  My mom only planned on being here for 9 days but because of Hurricane Sandy was stuck in Gaborone for an extra three days.  That was three more days of laying by the pool at the hotel, three more days of good meals and shopping.  I wasn't complaining!

But it is so nice to be back in Shoshong working everyday...no visitors, no need to leave for any reason...just doing my thing.  Traveling all around so much gets tiring.  It is funny how things change.  There were days in which I wanted to be ANYWHERE ELSE but Shoshong.  But these days, I feel like I never want to leave.

There is a new group of community mobilizers in Shoshong.  They will be working to motivate men to get circumcised.  I am sure I will be partnering with them in some way.  I am continuing to try to work in the schools.  The one Life Skills class I was teaching has ended and the kids are finishing up their exams.  But I still have some time for some programs this month if I can kick it in gear.  New projects continue to come up.  I always like to leave my schedule flexible for these things.  It's really nice.

I will write more specific blog posts on Paige and mom's visits, as well as other things that have been happening.  Hopefully my internet works well enough to upload photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment